This is such a quick and easy recipe. My mum makes this dish regularly in the summer, particularly when her vegetable patch is full of colour and variety.
List of main ingredients:
- 1 large aubergine or two small ones
- 2 courgettes
- 1 large onion (white or red)
- 4 juicy tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of dried herbs such as Italian seasoning or fresh herbs such as thyme, basil..
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 large potatoes
- Baking dish with lid or tin foil
- Preheated oven => 180℃
What do I do?
- Wash the vegetables – peel the onion (Peel the courgettes and aubergines if they are not organic )
- Slice all the vegetables (and the potatoes and mozzarella if you use them)
- Toss them with a little bit of olive oil, the dried or fresh herbs of your choice and salt and pepper
- Starting from one side of the dish, layer the ingredients (one line per ingredient) until you fill the dish
- Cover the dish with a lid or tin foil, put in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove lid or tin foil, use a spatula to press the top of the bake to release the vegetable juice, and put back in the oven for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked
The vegetables should produce enough juice during the cooking process, if not and the dish looks dry, add a little bit of water in the dish whenever you feel like it!